""Always produce" is also a heuristic for finding the work you love. If you subject yourself to that constraint, it will automatically push you away from things you think you're supposed to work on, toward things you actually like. "Always produce" will discover your life's work the way water, with the aid of gravity, finds the hole in your roof."

"For example, if you asked random people on the street if they'd like to be able to draw like Leonardo, you'd find most would say something like "Oh, I can't draw." This is more a statement of intention than fact; it means, I'm not going to try. Because the fact is, if you took a random person off the street and somehow got them to work as hard as they possibly could at drawing for the next twenty years, they'd get surprisingly far. But it would require a great moral effort; it would mean staring failure in the eye every day for years. And so to protect themselves people say "I can't.""

"If you know you can love work, you're in the home stretch, and if you know what work you love, you're practically there."

Paul Graham on "Doing What You Love"



What I get from this. Ergo what it changes about my approach to a career is; I should do more than one thing at one time. It sounds entirely undisciplined and unfocussed to the other argument part of me. It makes sense though, I've been doing exactly that on an unnoticable scale.

I should take my hobbies more seriously :)