So, you know I broke it again. But I guess I learnt some jazzy stuff about the configs. If you're using Rails and you keep getting these errors


Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'(111)
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'(13)
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'(2)


You need to be editing your /etc/mysql/my.cnf as well as your /etc/mysql/debian.cnf and make them all point to either /tmp/mysql.sock or /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock whichever you feel works better with your Rails app.

A simple sudo /etc/init.d/mysql restart should work, if it doesn't you're a special special person with special special needs.

One more thing I've realized about myself, I can't drink coffee in the morning, very bad for me.